About the author
Sons of Galloway is written and published on the Web by Stuart Wilson of Auchencairn, Kirkcudbrightshire. I now live on the Notts/Derby border with my wife and two young sons.
I am a member of the Auchencairn History Society and, for my part, have written a book on the village's contribution to the First World War - Answering the Call has sold well** and is available at Auchencairn Post Office. (**Now only a dozen copies left)
While researching the book, I have also been gathering information relating to two larger projects:
- 5th (Dumfries & Galloway) Battalion, King's Own Scottish Borderers in WW1
- focusing on the human stories behind the battalion's campaign
- Stewartry Roll of Honour 1914-1918
- an updated version of the original book published in 1927
With the Auchencairn book published, I am now asking for assistance with the two projects mentioned above. Please take some time to look through the Sons of Galloway web site; if you think you can help with either of these projects then please get in touch.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Galloway News, KOSB Regimental Museum, Castle Douglas Library, Ewart Library, Stranraer Museum and Galloway Gazette for their positive attitude and help in getting these projects up and running.
- Auchencairn History Society
- Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society
- Western Front Association
- Gallipoli Association
- Scottish War Memorials Project